Constructed in 1899 by the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad as railroad station & freight house & sits directly beside the Illinois River The depot and freight house are Peoria's last remaining historic reminders of the importance of the railroad in the city's past. The building was listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1978. After the end of train service, the building became known as River Station, and has been a restaurant, and afterwards a set of restaurants and bars. Currently the building is occupied by Martini’s On Water Street, and The Blue Duck Barbecue Tavern. It is adjacent to the Peoria Riverfront Museum.